Orange Streusel Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat egg; add milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill eight greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Spoon 1 teaspoon marmalade over each. Top with remaining batter. For streusel, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 285 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 16, 2014
I very much like these muffins, and have made them several times. The blend of orange and cinnamon is wonderful, although I do add a little more orange marmalade than it calls for. I also like the fact that it only makes 8, since it is just my husband and I. Thanks for sharing!
Sep 18, 2014
We like these muffins. They are more dense. It is like a coffee cake. They are rather caloric though!
May 27, 2014
Muffins look attractive, however, turned out somewhat dry and dense. Not nearly enough flavor. Would not make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.