Orange Strawberry Sippers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 10 to 12 ice cubes
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 119 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.
Apr 11, 2011
This was delicious and easy. The whole family loved it!
Feb 7, 2010
Yummy! I am always looking for new drinks to try. I followed this recipe but used organic sugar and frozen strawberries, that's what I had on hand. The flavors were fantastic, the vanilla was the key to it all. I served this with scrambled eggs with spinach, greeen onions and swiss cheese, spicy bacon twist and lemon pull-apart coffee cake, (the last 2 are from this website).It was the best breakfast I'd served. My husband claimed even Gordon Ramsey would be proud!
May 17, 2008
i just signed up to receive your weekly light desserts newsletter.i am on a diet and i have found recipes from your site that i really like.thanks