Orange Spritz Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon orange or vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in orange zest and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press cookies 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar. Bake at 375° for 6-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
2 each: 67 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Mar 17, 2019The orange flavor is nice but this recipe unfortunately isn’t as good as my old recipe.
Dec 31, 1969
thank you Katinthehat
will look for one
Dec 25, 2017
For Psalm 127-3: Try a Cuisinart Electric Cookie Press. I've made cookies for 30 years and gone thru about half a dozen different brands. I had an electric one for my first try into spritz cookies. When it went out I used different manual ones and was not really pleased until I found this Cuisinart at a kitchen shop where I live. It gives me perfect cookies every time as long as you follow the directions that come with the press. My 2 boys ask for these every year. I've just branched into recipes that didn't come with the manual. The cream cheese added to the dough are delicious. Hope this helps.
Dec 31, 1969
I make these very year along with the lemon spritz .
Oct 15, 2016
I just made these and the flavor is simply wonderful. I gave a 4 star as the yield is 1/2 the amount specified. My total was: 2 1/2 - 3 dozen. i would have doubled the recipe if I would have known the yield would be so small.
Dec 12, 2010
I have made these for years now. they are addictive. the orange adds a litle something. It's not over powering.