For a homemade snack, this recipe is so easy to make. The baked nuts have so much sweet flavor that you will have a hard time to stop eating.—Nell Hood, New Bern, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 cups
- 1-2/3 cups pecan halves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place pecans on an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 275° for 10 minutes.
- After 6 minutes, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in warm pecans until evenly coated. Spread in a single layer on a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Cool.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 254 calories, 22g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Orange-Spiced Pecans in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook