Connie Moore of Medway, Ohio turns orange marmalade, mustard and a hint of ginger into a fast-to-fix glaze for ham. The mouthwatering entree may be short on time, but it's definitely long on flavor.
Recommended: 33 Family Dinners for Under $10
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham steak (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown ham 3-4 minutes on each side; drain. Return to skillet.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Spoon over ham. Cook, covered, until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Ham Steak in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p9