Orange Spiced Carrots
I made these carrots for some out-of-town guests, and they were still raving about them 2 years later!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place carrots in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until crisp-tender, about 7-9 minutes. drain; set aside and keep warm. In the same pan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, orange juice, ginger and nutmeg until smooth. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 1 minute. Return carrots to the pan; cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 51 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Orange Spiced Carrots in Country Extra May 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.