Orange Spiced Almonds
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 cups
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 cups whole unblanched almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, allspice and ginger. In a small bowl, beat egg white and orange juice. Add almonds; stir to coat. Sprinkle sugar mixture over almonds; mix well. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 20 minutes. Remove to waxed paper to cool.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 220 calories, 16g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 11, 2013
I found this recipe a few years ago and sold them at the employee holiday sale at work. Everyone loved them, including my family and friends. These are wonderful and they are now a Recipe I make every Christmas.