Orange Spiced Almonds
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 cups
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 cups whole unblanched almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, allspice and ginger. In a small bowl, beat egg white and orange juice. Add almonds; stir to coat. Sprinkle sugar mixture over almonds; mix well. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 20 minutes. Remove to waxed paper to cool.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 220 calories, 16g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Jul 11, 2013
I found this recipe a few years ago and sold them at the employee holiday sale at work. Everyone loved them, including my family and friends. These are wonderful and they are now a Recipe I make every Christmas.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.