Add a splash of color to the dinner table with this orange sorbet. The refreshing orange flavor of this frozen delight would be great as a dessert or a palate cleanser between courses. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: 42 Easy Desserts That Keep Life Simple and Sweet
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 12 orange peel strips (1 to 3 inches)
- 3 cups orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or vodka
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, water and orange peel to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; discard orange peel. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, orange liqueur and reserved sugar mixture. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 1-1/4 quarts.
Originally published as Orange Sorbet in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p74
Reviews forOrange Sorbet
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2013
"I love it"