- 1 cup candy orange sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla chips or white chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cut each orange slice into eight pieces. Roll in 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening, brown sugar and remaining sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips, pecans and orange slice pieces.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 10 dozen.
Reviews forOrange Slice Cookies
"Love these cookies"
"My family fell in love with these cookies and ask for them all the time in the fall. Great flavor!"