Orange Slice Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + soaking Bake: 25 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 pound orange candy slices, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine candy and water. Cover and refrigerate overnight; drain well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in walnuts and candy.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 125 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 20, 2008
These delicious bars were gone in no time at my ladies group on Tuesday. I plan to add them to my holiday treat plates that I give to friends and family for the holidays. bristowgrad