Orange Shrimp Mojo Recipe
With jalapeno, orange and avocado, every bite of this enticing entree is spicy, tangy and fresh. The sauce beautifully glazes shrimp.—Don Thompson, Houston, Ohio
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon grated orange or tangerine peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups orange juice
- 3 tablespoons rum or chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large navel orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup cubed avocado
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1. In a dry small skillet over medium heat, toast cumin seeds and peppercorns until aromatic, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from skillet. Crush seeds using a spice mill or blender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the orange peel, oregano, salt and crushed cumin and peppercorns. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon spice mixture over shrimp.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook shrimp in oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute; turn shrimp. Add the orange juice, rum, garlic and 1 tablespoon spice mixture. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm.
- 4. Bring liquid in skillet to a boil. Cook until reduced to 2/3 cup, about 35 minutes. Meanwhile, for salsa, combine the orange, onion, avocado, 1/4 cup cilantro, jalapeno and remaining spice mixture in a small bowl.
- 5. Stir remaining cilantro into sauce. Serve with shrimp and salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 175 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Orange Shrimp Mojo
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC