Orange Sauced Pork Chops
It's simple to dress up plain pork chops with a citrus-flavored sauce.—Cory Cadotte, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Salt and pepper
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; drain. Combine the orange juice, brown sugar, marmalade and vinegar; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-18 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with chops.
Originally published as Orange Sauced Pork Chops in Country Woman July/August 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.