VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice concentrate, 4 tablespoons oil, soy sauce and garlic. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Discard marinade from chicken. In a large skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil until juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute walnuts in butter until lightly browned; remove and set aside.
- Set aside 1/4 cup green onions for garnish. Add remaining onions to saucepan; saute until tender. Add the marmalade, juices, honey, orange and lemon zest, salt, pepper and reserved marinade. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until sauce reaches desired consistency. Serve chicken over rice; top with sauce, toasted walnuts and reserved onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Walnut Chicken in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p140