Orange Sauce Asparagus
"Pretty enough for company, this asparagus dish has a delightful citrus flavor," says field editor Lucy Meyring of Walden, Colorado.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- Place asparagus and a small amount of water in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute; discard garlic. Stir in the orange juice, zest, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Drain asparagus and place in a serving dish. Drizzle with orange sauce; garnish with orange segments.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 82 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Asparagus with Orange Sauce in Taste of Home April/May 2002