Orange Roughy with Rice
Orange roughy is a great fish for this mild, yet tasty meal. Flounder, sole or red snapper will also work in this recipe.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (5.7 ounces) instant creamy chicken-flavored rice and sauce mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice mix, water and butter if desired. Bring to a boil; stir in broccoli. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the onion salt, pepper, dill and paprika; sprinkle over fillets. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove rice from the heat; let stand for 2 minutes. Serve with fish.