Orange Roughy with Rice
Orange roughy is a great fish for this mild, yet tasty meal. Flounder, sole or red snapper will also work in this recipe.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (5.7 ounces) instant creamy chicken-flavored rice and sauce mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice mix, water and butter if desired. Bring to a boil; stir in broccoli. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the onion salt, pepper, dill and paprika; sprinkle over fillets. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove rice from the heat; let stand for 2 minutes. Serve with fish.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 320 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 719mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Crab Rice Toss in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.