Orange Roughy with Cucumber Salsa
Our Test Kitchen shares this recipe for tasty Orange Roughy fillets topped with a healthy dollop of cool and colorful Cucumber Salsa. It makes a light and lovely summer entree that goes together in minutes. (You just might want to mix up extra bowls of this summer-fresh salsa for tortilla chip dipping!)
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Sprinkle lemon-pepper over both sides of fillets.
- Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with cucumber salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 155 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Originally published as Orange Roughy with Cucumber Salsa in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.