Orange Roughy Amandine
Prepared in the microwave, this fancy orange roughy with almonds is ready in no time. “This makes a simple, but very elegant entree,” promises Donna Snyder from Poinciana, Florida.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 orange roughy, cod or haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- Dash salt
- Dash paprika
- Place almonds in a small microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Place the fillets in a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Dot with butter and sprinkle with almonds. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over fillets. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 257 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Orange Roughy Almondine in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006