Orange Rosemary Biscuits
The appealing orange and rosemary flavor of these flaky, tender biscuits complements oven-roasted turkey. They bake up beautifully every time.—Lorraine Caland, Thunder Bay, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk, divided
- Place the flour, orange zest, baking powder, rosemary and salt in a food processor; cover and pulse to blend. Add butter; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add orange juice and 1 cup buttermilk and pulse just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Brush with remaining buttermilk. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 153 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.