- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained or 2 medium oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, oranges and onion. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forOrange Romaine Salad
"Pairs perfectly with the Italian Subs from the "Best of Country 30 Minute Recipe's" book! I made this when my husband was out of town because I didn't think he would like it. It was so good, I made it again the next day. When I asked him to try it to see if he did like it, he ate half the salad from my bowl!"