Orange Ricotta Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup and confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, cheese, milk, orange zest, orange juice, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts3 pancakes (calculated without syrup and confectioners' sugar): 449 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 654mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 18, 2018
The ricotta gives these a great texture, love the orange flavor. They freeze and reheat well. They'd also be amazing with blueberries added. Definitely will be making these again!
Feb 24, 2018
I would like to try making these without the 3 T sugar. They are sweet even before topping with Maple syrup. But then again; they are good on their own without the maple-
Feb 16, 2017
A unique spin on breakfast! (Good vegetarian option, too.) My boyfriend made this recipe for my birthday and it was perfect.
May 22, 2016
These were delicious! I made them with one tiny change; I used skim milk because that's what I always buy. They still turned out rich and tasty.
Apr 21, 2016
these were nice, next time i am cutting back on the butter..i found them a bit too greasy
Mar 23, 2016
Sooo moist and good!
Jan 2, 2016
These were delicious and the whole family loved them. The ricotta adds a great texture.
Oct 27, 2015
These were wonderful, especially since they could be eaten without syrup which i do not eat. good with carmelized ham or bacon. Worth a second try.
Apr 3, 2015
Delicious and light. I used lemon peel and juice, and used a third whole wheat flour. Perfect for a special occasion.
Nov 19, 2014
i loved these pancakes, when I make them again, I will use more orange zest and more orange juices , instead of the milk, but they are wonderful heated up in the toaster oven or toaster. These are not light pancakes, they are moist and a more solid pancakes, but they are great.