- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup and confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, cheese, milk, orange peel, orange juice, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Reviews forOrange Ricotta Pancakes
"A unique spin on breakfast! (Good vegetarian option, too.) My boyfriend made this recipe for my birthday and it was perfect."
"These were delicious! I made them with one tiny change; I used skim milk because that's what I always buy. They still turned out rich and tasty."
"these were nice, next time i am cutting back on the butter..i found them a bit too greasy"
"Sooo moist and good!"
"These were delicious and the whole family loved them. The ricotta adds a great texture."
"These were wonderful, especially since they could be eaten without syrup which i do not eat. good with carmelized ham or bacon. Worth a second try."
"Delicious and light. I used lemon peel and juice, and used a third whole wheat flour. Perfect for a special occasion."
"i loved these pancakes, when I make them again, I will use more orange zest and more orange juices , instead of the milk, but they are wonderful heated up in the toaster oven or toaster. These are not light pancakes, they are moist and a more solid pancakes, but they are great."
"This recipe makes the best pancakes ever! They are soooo moist and the ricotta gives them such a smooth texture. I make extra and pop them in the toaster oven for a quick breakfast on a weekday morning. They reheat wonderfully. For a variation, I have used lemon (juice and peel) and added blueberries at my husband's request. Yummy! My mouth is watering as I write."
"What a wonderful breakfast treat. Loved them so much that 2 of us ate the entire batch! I used the zest of the entire orange for more flavor. Also can substitute orange juice for the milk and they are even tastier. Can't wait to make again!"