- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup and confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, cheese, milk, orange zest, orange juice, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Reviews forOrange Ricotta Pancakes
"The ricotta gives these a great texture, love the orange flavor. They freeze and reheat well. They'd also be amazing with blueberries added. Definitely will be making these again!"
"I would like to try making these without the 3 T sugar. They are sweet even before topping with Maple syrup. But then again; they are good on their own without the maple-"
"A unique spin on breakfast! (Good vegetarian option, too.) My boyfriend made this recipe for my birthday and it was perfect."
"These were delicious! I made them with one tiny change; I used skim milk because that's what I always buy. They still turned out rich and tasty."
"these were nice, next time i am cutting back on the butter..i found them a bit too greasy"
"Sooo moist and good!"
"These were delicious and the whole family loved them. The ricotta adds a great texture."
"These were wonderful, especially since they could be eaten without syrup which i do not eat. good with carmelized ham or bacon. Worth a second try."
"Delicious and light. I used lemon peel and juice, and used a third whole wheat flour. Perfect for a special occasion."
"i loved these pancakes, when I make them again, I will use more orange zest and more orange juices , instead of the milk, but they are wonderful heated up in the toaster oven or toaster. These are not light pancakes, they are moist and a more solid pancakes, but they are great."