Orange Rice Pilaf Recipe
This is a delicious and different way to prepare rice. I usually make this recipe whenever I have guests. It makes a fabulous side dish served with just about any entree.
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute celery, onion and orange peel in butter until tender but not brown. Add salt. Combine orange juice and water; add to celery mixture. Bring to a boil. Stir in the rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4-6 servings.
3/4 cup: 166 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Orange Rice Pilaf
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC