- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 4 cups sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 7-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Drain and reserve cooking liquid. Cool rhubarb and liquid to room temperature.
- Place rhubarb in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a 4-cup measuring cup; add enough reserved cooking liquid to measure 2-1/3 cups. Return to saucepan.
- Add orange juice concentrate and pectin; bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar. Return to a full rolling boil; boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; skim off foam.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers; cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate or freeze. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 12 months. Yield: 5 half-pints.
Reviews forOrange Rhubarb Spread
"I, too made the recipe with Splenda. The spread is not thick like jam, but more of a thick sauce. A nice spread for toast, but better on vanilla ice cream."
"Always looking for something different with rhubarb. Good taste, made mine with splenda, set up really nice. Didn't turn out as orange in color as the picture, mine was more green that orange."