Orange-Raisin Sticky Muffins
These finger-licking muffins have the appeal of old-fashioned sticky buns without the fuss of yeast dough. Their delightful blend of flavors comes from walnuts, raisins, cinnamon and sunny orange zest. They're a sure morning eye-opener and a treat anytime. -Sandi Ritchey, Silverton, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped raisins
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- Combine raisins, sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Combine the topping ingredients and spoon 1 teaspoonful into 12 greased muffin cups. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Beat egg, milk, honey, butter and orange zest; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into the prepared muffin cups; sprinkle with raisin mixture. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 375° for 16-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes; invert pan onto a lightly buttered foil-lined shallow baking pan. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 253 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Orange-Raisin Sticky Muffins in Taste of Home October/November 1999
Jan 11, 2010
We substituted Craisins for the raisins. We tried various ways of making over the recipe (doubling the topping, mixing the raisin part with the muffin part) but it is perfect just the way it is! :)