- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup julienned sweet red and/or green pepper
- 1 small onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled, sectioned and halved
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set juice and pineapple aside. In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the broth, lemon juice, soy sauce, lemon peel and reserved juice until blended; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, stir-fry pork for 3-4 minutes or until mat is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir the broth mixture; add to vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return pork to the pan. Add orange pieces and pineapple; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forOrange Pork Stir-Fry
"I didn't have a orange on hand so I used a tablespoon of orange marmalade! It turned out great!"
"This is a great recipe! It is easy to make and tastes great as leftovers!"
"This has a nice combination of flavors. We loved the mix of pork, veggies and fruit. It's light but also hearty and satisfying."