Orange Pork Roast Recipe
Overccoking can cause pork roasts to be dry and tough. But this recipe's succulent orange sauce guarantees that the meat turns out moist and tender.
- 1 pork shoulder roast (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine orange juice concentrate, honey, cloves and nutmeg; pour over pork. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Reduce heat to low and cook 6 hours longer. Remove meat to a serving platter; cover and keep warm. Skim and discard fat from cooking liquid; pour into a saucepan. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Serve with roast. Yield: 8 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 256 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Orange Pork Roast
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC