Orange Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 medium orange
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Add water, paprika, pepper and 1 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer about 35 minutes, turning once. Meanwhile, grate peel from the stem end of the orange, then cut six slices from the other end. Set aside. In a saucepan over medium-high, combine 1 tablespoon peel, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, cloves and remaining salt. Stir in juice. Cook and stir until thickened. Add orange slices, cover and remove from the heat. To serve, top chops with sauce and orange slices. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 208 calories, 11g fat (0 saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 522mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 meat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Orange Pork Chops
"Very yummy! And different."
"this is very tasty recipe!"
"I really loved it!!"
"I would probably cut the sugar to 1/4 cup just because we are trying to eat healthier but the sauce was amazing. It would be good on chicken also."
"I've been making this recipe for many years. Sometimes I double the sauce and and drizzle it over steamed rice. My family loves this recipe and so do I!"
"It's a little on the sweet side, but my family and I loved it! I can see why it is award winning!!!"
"Super tasty! Orange sauce is also great on fresh steamed veggies!"
"These were wonderful! The only thing I would like to try is after browning them putting them in the slow cooker. They would be more tender."