Orange-Poppy Seed Coleslaw
This coleslaw is crisp and crunchy with a refreshing orange dressing. My family likes it served with pot roast. —Nancy Latulippe, Simcoe, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 medium orange, peeled, sectioned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, celery, orange and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over coleslaw and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 62 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Orange-Poppy Seed Coleslaw in Country Extra September 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.