Orange Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and poppy seeds. In a small mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, egg substitute, orange juice concentrate, water and almond extract; beat until smooth. Stir into cake mix just until combined. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray. Combine the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly in pan. Pour batter into pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cooled cake. Yield: 14 servings.
1 piece: 247 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Orange Poppy Seed Cake
"I made this cake, and love it! Than I gave pieces to several friends, and to my Mom. Everyone I gave it to thought it was wonderful. I will be making it again - soon !"