I used orange juice concentrate instead of oil in a poppy seed cake recipe to come up with this terrific dessert. We enjoy moist slices during the holidays and throughout the year.
Recommended: 48 Amazingly Easy Cakes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray. Combine the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly in pan. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Orange Poppy Seed Cake in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p29
Reviews forOrange Poppy Seed Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2010
"I made this cake, and love it! Than I gave pieces to several friends, and to my Mom. Everyone I gave it to thought it was wonderful. I will be making it again - soon !"