This colorful, festive salmon dish makes an impressive addition to your holiday spread—it's as delicious as it is beautiful. What they won't guess is how easy it is to cook. I serve this with roasted baby potatoes and roasted asparagus for a show-stopping holiday meal. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
Recommended: 23 Classic Recipes for Your Passover Seder
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 skinned salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium navel orange, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place a 28x18-in. piece of heavy-duty foil in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Place onion slices in a single layer on foil. Top with salmon; sprinkle with salt. Arrange orange slices over top. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds; drizzle with oil. Top with a second piece of foil. Bring edges of foil together on all sides and crimp to seal, forming a large packet.
- Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 25-30 minutes. Be careful of escaping steam when opening packet. Remove to a serving platter; sprinkle with dill. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Pomegranate Salmon in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2018