Orange Pomegranate Salad with Honey
- 5 medium oranges or 10 clementines
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 teaspoons orange flower water or orange juice
- 1. Cut a thin slice from the top and bottom of each orange; stand orange upright on a cutting board. With a knife, remove peel and outer membrane from oranges. Cut crosswise into 1/2-in. slices.
- 2. Arrange orange slices on a serving platter; sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. In a small bowl, mix honey and orange flower water; drizzle over fruit.
2/3 cup: 62 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Jun 19, 2019Outstanding - I use it a lot. Especially good with Mexican food.
Nov 19, 2017
There are better versions of this salad out there if you want to try. I've seen the recipes include red onions, cinnamon and mint. This is a good basic version especially if you need something in the middle of all the carb overload. We like it. I would suggest using vanilla extract if you can't find orange blossom water. Orange juice is not a good substitute.
Apr 5, 2017
This salad is so refreshing, especially when you eat it in winter when heavy comfort food is everywhere. The orange flower water has such a unique flavor. Look for it in the ethnic / Middle Eastern section at your grocery store or at a good liquor store. It's a lot less acidic than orange juice and lighter than orange extract.
Dec 30, 2016
I used orange extract and that made it too bitter. Maybe I'll try just plain orange juice again. I wasn't that impressed with the salad other than it was very pretty.
Jan 15, 2016
This was a fun one to try with my young daughter who loves both clementines and pomegranates. It had some great color, but the taste didn't work for us. We used orange juice and honey for our drizzle, and I think it was the honey that didn't mix well with the other flavors. It might still make a great side but without the drizzle.