Orange Pineapple Drink
Pineapple and cinnamon complement each other in this warm beverage from Roxanna Colon of Norco, Louisiana. "With pretty orange slices, this fruity drink is a favorite at holidays," she says.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 2-1/4 quarts
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 medium navel orange, sliced, optional
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, juices and sugar until sugar is dissolved; add the cinnamon stick. Heat through. Serve warm or transfer to a pitcher and chill until serving. Garnish with orange slices and cinnamon sticks if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 110 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 28g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Pineapple Orange Drink in Quick Cooking September/October 2001