Orange Pineapple Dessert
"This fluffy salad goes over well at church dinners and potlucks," relates Shirley Radtka from Massillon, Ohio. "I've shared the recipe many times."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 16 ice cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained and cut into pieces
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add ice cubes and stir until slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice. Stir in pineapple and oranges. Stir in sour cream until blended. Fold in whipped topping and cake cubes until well coated. Spoon into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 0g saturated fat (0 sugars.
Originally published as Orange Pineapple Dessert in Taste of Home October/November 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.