Orange Pecan Yogurt Muffins
If you need a brown-bag treat or Sunday brunch staple, try these naturally sweet and nutty muffins from Julia Livingston of Frostproof, Florida. You'll agree that they're a "must" for managing the mid-morning munchies.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and yogurt. Combine flour and baking soda; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in pecans and orange zest. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Brush orange juice over hot muffins and sprinkle with sugar. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 289 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Orange Pecan Muffins in Quick Cooking January/February 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.