If you need a brown-bag treat or Sunday brunch staple, try these naturally sweet and nutty muffins from Julia Livingston of Frostproof, Florida. You'll agree that they're a "must" for managing the mid-morning munchies.
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and yogurt. Combine flour and baking soda; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in pecans and orange peel. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375* for 18-20 minute or until a toothpick comes out clean. Brush orange juice over hot muffins and sprinkle with sugar. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
- 12 servings, 1 per serving. Yield: about 1 dozen
Originally published as Orange Pecan Muffins in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p23