Orange Pecan Waffles
"Served with butter and our wonderful New Hampshire maple syrup, these waffles go great with bacon or sausage on the side," says Ruth Harrow of Alexandria. "Sometimes I put them together with scrambled eggs and bacon for a terrific breakfast sandwich."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in club soda until smooth. Gently fold in pecans.
- Bake in a preheated 7-in. waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired.