Orange-Pecan Hot Wings
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 3 pounds whole chicken wings
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- RED HOT SAUCE:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- Cut chicken wings into three pieces; discard wing tips.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, orange juice concentrate and water. In another bowl or a resealable plastic bag, combine flour and pecans. Dip wings in egg mixture, then roll or toss in flour mixture.
- Pour butter into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Arrange wings in a single layer in pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients. Spoon half over the wings; turn. Top with remaining sauce. Bake 30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 480 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 749mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Jul 26, 2014
These have been a family favorite for years. I do a few things differently now that I've made them for a while but it's great as is. Pecans should be finely minced and the flour should not be too heavily applied. More pecans than flour rather. Add a little orange zest and juice to your sauce for extra flavor. Yummy!
Sep 12, 2013
wow..it is very taste !!
Sep 12, 2013
Good taste !!!