Orange-Pecan Hot Wings
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 3 pounds whole chicken wings
- 3 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- RED HOT SAUCE:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- Cut chicken wings into three pieces; discard wing tips.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, orange juice concentrate and water. In another bowl or a resealable plastic bag, combine flour and pecans. Dip wings in egg mixture, then roll or toss in flour mixture.
- Pour butter into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Arrange wings in a single layer in pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients. Spoon half over the wings; turn. Top with remaining sauce. Bake 30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 480 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 749mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Jul 26, 2014
These have been a family favorite for years. I do a few things differently now that I've made them for a while but it's great as is. Pecans should be finely minced and the flour should not be too heavily applied. More pecans than flour rather. Add a little orange zest and juice to your sauce for extra flavor. Yummy!
Sep 12, 2013
wow..it is very taste !!
Sep 12, 2013
Good taste !!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.