"This cookie is pure heaven with a glass of milk," writes Eleanor Henry of Derry, New Hampshire. It has a subtle orange flavor and just a sprinkling of chopped pecans throughout.
Recommended: The Best Cookies for Dunking
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, orange juice and peel. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans. Shape dough into two 11-1/2-in. rolls; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Pecan Cookies in Quick Cooking December 2000, p55
Reviews forOrange Pecan Cookies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2016