Orange Pecan Bread
My husband loves this bread. Whenever I ask him to suggest a nice tea bread, he says, "What about that orange-pecan stuff?” —Sondra Feldstein, Bondurant, Iowa.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature, separated
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk and orange zest; beat until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with orange juice.
- 2. In another small bowl, beat egg white until soft peaks form. Fold egg white and pecans into batter.
- 3. Pour into a 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 4. Combine the glaze ingredients in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over warm bread. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
1 slice: 229 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Oct 12, 2018LOVE this bread! Have made it many times! I triple the recipe so it will last longer then a few hours!
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC