Orange-Pecan Baked Apples
These deliciously filled apples make a fruitful finale to any breakfast. And you'll be happy to know they're easy to prepare.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 6 medium baking apples, cored
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Place apples in a shallow ungreased baking pan; add a small amount of water to pan.
- In a small bowl, combine marmalade and pecans; mix well. Fill center of apples with marmalade mixture; sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 131 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Orange-Pecan Baked Apples in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook