Orange Pecan Waffles Recipe
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in club soda until smooth. Gently fold in pecans.
- 2. Bake in a preheated 7-in. waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 3 waffles.
1-1/2 each: 572 calories, 41g fat (5g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 800mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Orange Pecan Waffles
"easy enough to double the recipe for more people. I didn't have any club soda, so I used carbonated lemon-lime water instead. Worked out fine!"