"This refreshing shake is wonderful in summer when peaches are in season, but canned or frozen peaches work well, too." says Kara Cook. "I've had several requests for the recipe, and everyone is surprised to discover almond extract is the mystery ingredient," notes the Elk Ridge, Utah cook.
Recommended: 15 Recipes for Brunch-Time Drinks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 3 drops each red and yellow food coloring, optional
- In a blender, combine the peaches, milk, orange juice concentrate and extract. Add ice cream; cover and process until smooth. Add food coloring if desired. Pour into glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Peach Smoothies in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p8
Reviews forOrange Peach Smoothies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2010
"Very nice, but really thick! I would double the amount of milk called for, but very popular. A nice alternative to fruit juice."