Orange Pasta Salad
The orange dressing has a fresh flavor that really complements the chicken, pasta and fruit. And toasted almonds add lots of festive crunch.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked pasta (spirals, shells or wheels)
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup drained pineapple tidbits
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, pasta, celery, onions, pineapple, oranges and kiwi. In a small bowl, mix the next six ingredients. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill for several hours. Toss with almonds just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 525 calories, 36g fat (5g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 554mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Orange Pasta Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.