Orange Pasta Salad
The orange dressing has a fresh flavor that really complements the chicken, pasta and fruit. And toasted almonds add lots of festive crunch.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked pasta (spirals, shells or wheels)
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup drained pineapple tidbits
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, pasta, celery, onions, pineapple, oranges and kiwi. In a small bowl, mix the next six ingredients. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill for several hours. Toss with almonds just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 525 calories, 36g fat (5g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 554mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Orange Pasta Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook