Orange Pan Rolls
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and nutmeg; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt. Add orange zest; cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Divide dough into fourths. With floured hands, roll each piece of dough into a ball; dip in butter, then in sugar mixture. Evenly space in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 157 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 12, 2013
Jul 13, 2010
Very easy to make. The slight sweetness of these rolls contrasts well with a variety of savory dishes. I have lost track of how many times I have made these.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.