Orange Pan Rolls
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and nutmeg; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt. Add orange zest; cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Divide dough into fourths. With floured hands, roll each piece of dough into a ball; dip in butter, then in sugar mixture. Evenly space in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 157 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 12, 2013
Jul 13, 2010
Very easy to make. The slight sweetness of these rolls contrasts well with a variety of savory dishes. I have lost track of how many times I have made these.