Orange-Mustard Grilled Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 45 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 153 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Jun 28, 2019
What I loved about this recipe is the quick marinade time for days when I fail to plan ahead. Flavor was good but not unique.
Mar 27, 2008
This was a fantastic marinade. All of the family loved the flavor. My son-in-laws raved the next day about it! It was very easy to prepare. The chicken was VERY moist. I actually used "hot" dijon mustard An excellent blend of flavors!