Orange Mocha Muffins
I've developed many mouthwatering muffin recipes through the years, but this one remains a favorite. With their rich chocolate taste, these muffins also make a terrific dessert.—Sandy Szwarc, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-2/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, yogurt, butter and orange zest. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.