Orange-Mascarpone Breakfast Rolls
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons Mascarpone cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tube (6 ounces) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- Sprinkle pecans into a 6-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine 2 tablespoons Mascarpone cheese and orange zest; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out biscuits into 4-in. circles. Spread 1/2 teaspoon cheese mixture down the center of each circle. Bring dough from opposite sides over filling just until edges meet; pinch to seal. Brush with some of the butter; roll in sugar mixture. Place seam side down over pecans. Sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture; drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, orange juice and remaining Mascarpone cheese. Drizzle over rolls. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 270 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 9, 2014
Good little breakfast rolls.
Dec 29, 2012
I made this twice, that's how good they are! The recipe calls for 1/4 cup sugar but this was too much sugar for my taste. I suggest reducing the amount of sugar, but they are delicious!
Nov 29, 2010
great recipe quick and very good ,man of litte wrods THANKS
Jun 14, 2010
These breakfast rolls were incredibly rich and decadant! A nice treat!