- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons Mascarpone cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tube (6 ounces) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- Sprinkle pecans into a 6-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine 2 tablespoons Mascarpone cheese and orange zest; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out biscuits into 4-in. circles. Spread 1/2 teaspoon cheese mixture down the center of each circle. Bring dough from opposite sides over filling just until edges meet; pinch to seal. Brush with some of the butter; roll in sugar mixture. Place seam side down over pecans. Sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture; drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, orange juice and remaining Mascarpone cheese. Drizzle over rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 5 rolls.
Reviews forOrange-Mascarpone Breakfast Rolls
"Good little breakfast rolls."
"I made this twice, that's how good they are! The recipe calls for 1/4 cup sugar but this was too much sugar for my taste. I suggest reducing the amount of sugar, but they are delicious!"
"great recipe quick and very good ,man of litte wrods THANKS"
"These breakfast rolls were incredibly rich and decadant! A nice treat!"