Orange Marmalade Sweet Rolls
"My husband has heart trouble, so we had to get away from all the brown sugar, honey and butter I used to bake with," writes Lacey Griffin from Fredonia, Pennsylvania. "My family enjoys the citrus taste of these tender low-fat rolls that I bake in muffin cups.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/3 cup 100% orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 12x8-in. rectangle; brush with spreadable fruit. Sprinkle with raisins. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down in muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto serving plates. Combine the confectioners' sugar, orange zest and orange juice; drizzle over warm rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 140 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Originally published as Orange Marmalade Sweet Rolls in Light & Tasty February/March 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.